Our Foundation Phase is a happy and nurturing environment for all pupils to flourish and learn. It is made up of four classes, Nursery, Reception, Year One and Year Two. Our foundation phase developmental curriculum is provided for three- to seven-year-olds. We encourage children to be creative, imaginative and to have fun while making learning more effective. We have a love of messy play and outdoor learning. Children are encouraged to explore concepts and share ideas for solving problems through play and imaginative activities.
In the Foundation Phase we deliver seven areas of learning;
- Language, literacy and communication.
- Physical development.
- Personal, social and emotional development. Also, Wellbeing and Cultural Diversity.
- Welsh Language Development.
- Knowledge and understanding of the world.
- Expressive arts and design.